It seems that i know how to deal with death all to much. Take the whole school for example...we all know exactly what to do, scary and depressing. On monday night my great grandma Gladys died, no one ever saw it coming. It had been felt, by me at least, for some time. It had only been years that my mom kept telling me that time with grandma was precious and limited. I not only kept that in mind by insisting on taking pictures with her for good memories but the thought also stayed in my head. Ocasionally i thought about it telling myself that it was never going to happen, Grandma loved life, God and most of all her family. My initial reaction when i got that phone call with a crying mother on the other end saying Grandma was gone? There wasn't one. I mind-numbed. I couldnt think of it to much until i got home and went to bed. (I was babysiting my cousin Gabe) When i got up and layed in my bed i just started crying...cryed for two hours. Thinking of the hugs and the deep down chuckles that i'll never get to feel and hear again. Thinking of the every year christmas eves, thanksgivings, halloweens, eaters and birthdays that will never be spent at her home again. Thinking of all the times at those birthday parties when she told us we really didnt need to get her anything when it was her birthday.
I'll miss that...
No comments:
Post a Comment