Thursday, June 02, 2005

"So wear me like a locket around your throat, I'll weigh you down, I'll watch you choke, you look so good in blue" That song's awesome. Anywho, work is just swell "I don't want to go" pout "what time is it?" pout...... It's actually not bad. Wake up at 6, leave at 7, get there around 7:50 usually start around 8:15, today I cut Alfalfa for about 3 hours, break for 15 minutes at ten, at twelve lunch, 12:30 til 3 pulled grass out of the alfalfa that we previously cut so we could stick 'em in the oven to dry, from 3:15-4:30 tested the alfalfa on the computer. Wow, sounds fun. It's so flippin' boring, it's so easy, but doing the same thing for 3 hours is just boring. And it's outside, and it was hot today. But I like it, the people I work with are really cool, except I don't really like the two baseball jocks, we're getting two new people, well one new girl and Josh, a guy that was here last summer so I guess he's not really new, but yeah, they're coming on Monday, so I officially won't be the "new kid" anymore, I'll just be the "rookie" she gets to be the new kid. There's this one kid Dan, who's a little creepy, he doesn't really talk and he stares, it's weird, he wasn't here today so tomorrow I'm going to try to strike up a conversation with him, I bet he wont talk. The jobs make me sleepy and I'm more tired than ever, but i'd rather be doing this than nothing. It's fun, my boss David talks about Napoleon Dynamite, he quotes it a lot, that's kinda fun. But when I do the computer work I feel like a scientist because I have to take fine grained alfalfa, put it in a glass case (looks like eyeshadow case) pack it in, seal it with a kinda cardboard piece, brush it off, stick it in the NIRS machine, type the number into the computer, and shut the case for it to get tested. It's simple, and I feel like a scientist, like i'm doing something really important. The whole testing process only takes about a minute, packing it in and then taking it out and dumping the alfalfa into a container takes longer. I'm sure no one really cares about my job and I have some reading, thank you's, and some other secret stealthy stuff to do so, bye.
Brand

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid Brandie.
You can't go to Lords of Dogtown by yourself...I forbid you. You can't go with anyone else either, you HAVE to go with me. The queen of the world has spoken.

The emailing george, I was about to, then realized I didn't have an address for her, so I sent it to Anth to have him forward it to her. So there.

Can I just say- Someone's cocky today.

Anonymous said...

Oh, My ma says that if you must go to the movie alone, then you should tell me when you're going, so I can go alone, and then we can both see the movie alone, sitting next to each other. : )
Yea...my mother.